Repetitive stress injuries are incredibly common, as we are so used to
going through the motions, we may find it difficult to realize we are
putting stress on our body. These injuries are particularly common when
it comes to constant computer use, which is difficult to avoid for many
of us at work. Once you are already injured, the process of healing can
take quite some time and energy, which is why we feel it is important
you prevent these injuries from occurring in the first place.
If you cannot reduce your time on the computer, make sure you take care
of yourself by following these tips of preventing repetitive stress injuries:
- Only type in a neutral wrist position, as putting your wrist at an angle
can cause damage over time
- Adjust or replace your keyboard, as it should not be raised just because it can be
- Invest in a wrist pad for mouse use
- Take regular breaks, such as getting up to get a drink of water every 30
minutes or so
- Sit up straight, as bad posture can be severely debilitating for a repetitive
- Exercise regularly
- Ease back into work after a vacation
- Make sure your seat encourages great posture, is made of breathable fabric,
and is not adjusted to be too low or too high for your screen, which should
be at eye level
Contact Our Houston Injury Rehab Center Today
If you are suffering from a computer-related repetitive stress injury,
now is the time to take action and prevent your injury from getting worse--or
even becoming a permanent affliction. Our respected physicians, physical
therapists, and chiropractors of QualCare Rehabilitation want to do everything
in our power to help you heal as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Our Houston injury rehab center is focused solely on helping our patients
live their best life--allow us to start you on your path of healing today.
Are you interested in speaking to someone from our office? Don’t
call us at (713) 588-0042.